30 Minutes Mexican Lasagna. Recipe that is fast and easy to make. Best served while fresh from the oven. A yummy dinner meal.
30 Minutes Mexican Lasagna
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion grated or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 (4 oz.) can fire roasted diced green chilies
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 12 (8 inch) large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces Pepperjack cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 6 ounces can sliced olives drained (optional)
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Drizzle olive oil into a large skillet, over medium high heat. Add beef, onion, paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to skillet. Brown beef for about 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans and corn. Stir to combine. Allow to cook while you begin preparing the baking pan.
Smooth about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Lay tortillas on the bottom of the pan, slightly overlapping until pan is covered (about 4 tortillas).
Spoon half of the beef mixture over top of the tortillas, spread evenly. Layer tortillas on top of beef mixture. Smooth about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Sprinkle 1/2 of each of the cheeses on top. Scatter the green chilies over the cheese. Add the remaining beef mixture. Spread evenly. Layer tortillas on top of beef mixture. Spoon remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of tortillas. Garnish top with olives, if desired, and green onions.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and lasagna is warmed through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro.
Check out more of our Main Meal Recipes