Buttercream Chocolate Cupcakes. A delicious recipe for yummy chocolate cupcakes with a sweet buttercream frosting.
Buttercream Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup oil vegetable or canola oil
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- Mini M&M's or generic chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare muffin tins with 24 paper liners.
- In large mixing bowl whisk together cocoa powder and baking soda. Carefully pour in boiling water and whisk until well blended; allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another large mixing bowl add the melted butter, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla and salt and beat until well combined.
- Stir in eggs and eggs yolks, mixing after each addition, just until combined. Blend in cocoa mixture and then blend in heavy cream. Slowly mix in flour and stir until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among the 24 muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
- Beat butter for two minutes. Add vanilla extract, cocoa powder and milk and beat again until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired frosting consistency.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and top with mini M&M!
Check out more of our Dessert Recipes