Easy Walnut Spaghetti. A quick and easy recipe with spaghetti topped with white cream sauce and walnuts.
Easy Walnut Spaghetti
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 4 cloves garlic pressed or finely-minced
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, in generously-salted water.
- Heat olive oil (or melt butter) in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and saute one minute, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with flour, and stir to combine. Saute for an additional minute to cook the flour, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly add chicken broth, whisking to combine until smooth. Whisk in milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let cook for an additional minute until thickened, then stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until the cheese melted. Reduce heat to medium-low until pasta is cooked.
- Drain pasta, then immediately add pasta to the saute pan. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the top with chopped pecans.
Check out more of our Main Meal Recipes