The Best Homemade Macaroni Salad. Recipe for a side dish to serve at any family gathering.
The Best Homemade Macaroni Salad
- 8 oz macaroni noodles cooked
- 1/3 cup chopped celery about 1-2 stalks
- 1/3 cup finely diced green onion
- 2 large hard boiled eggs finely diced
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- Ground Paprika spice to sprinkled on top
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Prepare macaroni noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse immediately with cold water, then drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil and gently stir so the noodles don't stick together as they sit.
Hard boil the eggs.
Set aside and prepare your dressing.
In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sweet pickle juice, wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir until well-combined.
Put it together:
Stir in celery, green onions, eggs, bacon bits and then the cooked macaroni, until well blended.
Sprinkle Paprika on top.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Check our more of our Appetizer Recipes